Nowadays many people spend a large amount of money on their beauty products and make over. They find it respectable to utilize plentiful money on their face and body to make them more presentable and lovable. Along with other parts nails also have gained importance. There are many nail salons which make your nails more beautiful and desirable.
Now natural nails are becoming more attractive by applying artificial beauty products on them. Acrylic nails are one of these products. These are more charming and are desired by almost all the people worldwide. These hide all the blemished parts of your nails. Musicians also use acrylic nails for playing their instruments. Applying anything is easy, but it is hard to remove it so here we will discuss on how to remove acrylic nails at home easily and quickly.
Table of contents:
- HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS?
- HOW MUCH TIME DOES ACRYLIC NAILS LAST?
- HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO REMOVE ACRYLIC NAILS?
- HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS EASILY AND QUICKLY?
- HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS AT HOME?
- TIPS FOR TAKING OFF ACRYLIC NAILS
Methods to remove acrylic nails are discussed below;
1: HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS?
Acrylic nails add to the beauty of natural nails. But it is important to remove them and not put them on permanently. You could remove acrylic nails by a variety of ways. Following are some methods you could use to remove your acrylic nails;
Remove using acetone
Remove using dental floss
Remove using aluminum foil
Remove using removal kit
Remove using warm water
Method # 1
Remove using Acetone:
- First, cut your nails and file them.
- Apply some Vaseline on your nail cuticles.
- Fill a bowl with acetone nail polish remover.
- Dip your nails in it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe off your nails using a paper towel.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and Remove extra glue.
- Then, Apply moisturizer on your hands.
Method # 2
Remove using removal kit:
- First, remove nail polish and then dry your hands using a paper towel. Then apply petroleum jelly on your hands.
- Now use removal kit to remove the acrylic nails.
- It contains all the required things; (Nail clippers, Small container, Acetone, Cotton balls, wooden stick and Hand moisturizer).
- And then remove your acrylic nails smoothly and carefully.
2: HOW MUCH TIME DOES ACRYLIC NAILS LAST?
- The total tenure of these beauty enhancers is 2 to 3 months. But you to get them fixed and file every 2 to 3 weeks.
- Some people manage to get them workable up to 4 weeks. And then go their fixing.
- If you keep them fortnight without fixing, then your acrylic may grow up and become vulnerable.
- So if you want your acrylics to last more and remain beautiful, you have to get them fixed every 2 to 3 weeks.
3: HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO REMOVE ACRYLIC NAILS?
Removal of acrylic nails are very expensive. And nail salons have different rates. But you should not go to such a salon which is offering less money because the materials used to remove acrylics is not cheap. So, beware of the bogus salons and people.
- In United States salons usually, charge $30 to $50.
- But the amount could increase depending on the salon experts you are going. And on the length of your acrylic nails.
- If they are long, you may have to pay more money.
4: HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS EASILY AND QUICKLY?
It is not compulsory to go for therapies to remove acrylics. You could also remove them by using the following easy and quick methods.
Method # 3
By using dental floss:
- This method requires a person for your assistance.
- Peel off the bottom edges of acrylic nails by using a wooden stick.
- Now put the dental floss under the bottom edges.
- Start pulling off the nail gently. Be careful not to pull it harshly.
- Clean your nails using a nail buffer OR nail file.
- And then after Apply moisturizing lotion on your hands.
Method # 4
By using warm water:
- Take a bowl of warm water. But make sure water should be warm.
- Dip your nails in it for 10-20 minutes. Warm water will soften it, and this helps in its easy removal.
- Now remove and dry your nails using a paper towel.
- Apply some moisturizer on your hands because warm water makes your skin dry.
5: HOW TO TAKE OFF ACRYLIC NAILS AT HOME?
It is easy. You could also do this at home and save your money and time. You could take off them at home by using this easy and accessible method;
Method # 5
Remove using aluminum foil:
- Shorten the length of your nails as possible.
- File off the upper surface of acrylic nails.
- Take a bowl of acetone and put cotton balls in it.
- Let them soak completely in water.
- Now put these balls on your nails and cover them up with the aluminum foil.
- Leave the foil for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Open the foil and remove the acrylic nails using a wooden stick.
- Wash your hands.
- Clean your nails using a nail buffer.
- Now apply some moisturizer on your hands.
6: Some useful tips for removing acrylic nails:
These are some tips for removing acrylic nails;
- Don’t rip them
- Don’t use vinegar
- Don’t use too hot water as it dries your skin too much.
- Use pure acetone.
- Use moisturizer after the taking them off so that your skin does not become dry.
For your safety and the people around you, you should be careful.
- As acrylic nails are made up of ETHYL METHACRYLATE, this can be dangerous as it causes asthma, contact dermatitis and allergies of nose and eye.
- People doing this also come in contact with different chemicals which can also cause rash and itching allergies.
- So while removing acrylic nails always be cautious, especially if you have sensitive skin.